Scholarships & Fellowships
Recipients of the scholarships and fellowships associated with OPA earn national acclaim in addition to significant funding for both undergraduate and graduate enrollment. The Office of Prestigious Awards works closely with students throughout all stages of the application process. Due to the competitive nature of many of these awards, preparation is both intensive and extensive, and can begin as early as your freshman year.
If you are interested in pursuing a prestigious award, you can start preparing now by:
- Getting to know yourself. Take time to examine your personal, academic, and career goals. Identify issues and values that are important to you.
- Exploring your campus. Join campus clubs and organizations, and do it with intention. Seek leadership roles within groups that are meaningful to you.
- Reaching out to your professors. Find faculty mentors who can offer insight and knowledge as well as opportunities for learning and research.
- Becoming involved with research. Engage in research or a creative project in your area of study. It will deeply enrich your undergraduate experience and prepare you well for graduate study.
- Engaging with your community. Participate in service activities that you are passionate about.
Additionally, Honors students who are interested in applying for a scholarship specifically offered by The Burnett Honors College should contact OPA. A list of these scholarships can be found here.